Used to have 25/15 speed for $14.99...
bbithead1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the FiOS Triple with internet speed 25/15Mbps paying $14.99 for that speed.  It works fine for me, I don't need faster, I don't want slower.  So Verizon pulls that speed off their options.   They convinced me to go with 25/25Mbps, and today I see on my bill that it will cost me $35 a month, minus a $5.24 contract discount.  Verizon, are you nuts?  You're doubling my price for something I don't really want, and the alternative speed you provide is a crawl compared to what you used to provide?   Aside from going even faster (35/35Mbps - I don't even care to know the price of that), the only other option is to go slower to 15/5Mbps.  By going from the 25/25 to 15/5, my $119.99 bundle payment goes to $109.99.  So the 25/25 at $35 drops to 15/5 at $25 - HEY, that's more than the $15 I paid for the higher speed 25/15!!!  And what really gets my goat nowadays are these adds for new customers that can get their multi-room DVR free for life if they keep a triple play plan ... FREE FOR LIFE!!  Mean while, silly me, long time customer, I get to pay $20 a month for my M-R-DVR - $240 a year.  Am I stupid or what!  Verizon, you make me mad.  I think it's time to see what lies beyond FiOS.  You no longer care about your custiomers.

0 Likes
Re: Used to have 25/15 speed for $14.99...
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry that none of the current bundles match to be exactly what you need. We are always looking for customer input as far as what bundles options may work better. That would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Man, I wish I could have gotten a 25/15 connection for $15 a month! 😞 If you were able to get that kind of pricing back then, that was a steal since the cheapest FiOS Internet package I've seen was $20 a month bundled for 5Mbps/2Mbps...

0 Likes
notfair

Verizon is not to be trusted.   They will not post the truth. Verizon says there is a support message.  Verizon says there is a private message.  THERE IS NO MESSAGE.  ONLY A MINDLESS COMPUTER THAT SPITS OUT GARBAGE.  WHERE IS THE OFFER I ACCEPTED AND YOU DID NOT PROVIDE.   CANT BE to specific in this message or Verizon will "remove post".  No freedom of speech here.

0 Likes
notfair

Do you have any suggestions regarding $14.99.  I was paying that amount and the price was increased.   The original offers was $14.99 for life - I do not trust Verizon.

Any suggestions please let me know.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@notfair wrote:

Do you have any suggestions regarding $14.99.  I was paying that amount and the price was increased.   The original offers was $14.99 for life - I do not trust Verizon.

Any suggestions please let me know.

Were you forced to switch from DSL, because I have had FIOS since 2005, and have never seen a deal like that. I know in the past there have been offers that have been taken out of the system, so if you change anything, what you had WILL be gone and never return.

0 Likes