Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Using 2 Fios Routers

rdh0408
Contributor
Contributor

Using 2 Fios Routers

Message 1 of 4
(949 Views)

I had Verizon install my wireless router on the second floor of my house, which was creating connection issues in my basement and first floor.  As a result I ordered a second Verizon router and installed it in my basement.  It has a separate network name and password, and after installing I am having issues with both networks dropping out.  How do I optimize this set-up so that I have one router in the basement and one on my second floor, both of which are connected via coax?

3 REPLIES 3
gs0b
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Using 2 Fios Routers

Message 2 of 4
(929 Views)

From your description, it sounds like you'd be better off with a network extender instead of another router.  Verizon sells one for $75 that provides dual band coverage and seamlessly integrates with your existing router.  You can buy it here:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/ShowCart

If you don't want to do that, you'll need to configure the 2nd router to work as an access point.  You'll need to turn off it's DHCP server and disable it's MoCA WAN function.  There are excellent FAQs on DSL reports.  Check out this one to start:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/ShowCart

Good Luck.

rdh0408
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(897 Views)

Can you repost the second link?  It looks like you re-pasted the first one by mistake.

hlppls
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Message 4 of 4
(873 Views)
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title