Using Bittorrent
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

im in the brooklyn ny 11223 area..me and my family are looking to get fios triple play..only thing that has concerned me because of problems i read from the past is fios getting along with torrent use

are the current routers in use having any problems with this..also how hard is it to forward ports and what not..can i use specific torrent ports that i want and so on

0 Likes
Re: Using Bittorrent
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have downloaded torrents using the service on a number of occasions and port forwarding works just fine.  Do note that the terms of service do explicitly prohibit you from operating a "server" on the network, so port forwarding to setup a torrent server is likely to run afoul of those guidelines -- but as a client it works just fine.   There are no currently known limits placed on the amount of data you may download in a given time period, but likewise the terms of service give Verizon permission to enact such limitations if your usage has undue detremental impact on their networks and the use of the service by others.

Re: Using Bittorrent
Hubrisnxs
Legend

just make sure that once you get it - you set up port forwarding.   I think you will have mixed results with your bittorrent and how your network reacts (ie. slows down when using torrent) without doing that.