Switch Account

Using Linksys WRT10N with FiOS Connection Wizard

Using Linksys WRT10N with FiOS Connection Wizard

Contributor JimQ
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(7,299 Views)
I am switching to FIOS in 2 weeks and was planning to continue to use my Linksys WRT610N router, with the verizon-provided actiontec modem/router (I presume in Bridge mode).  Are there any downsides to this?  I have heard that if the actiontec is in bridge mode, then I will lose some functions on the TV box.  Can you tell me which functions and how I can avoid this problem.  Would the connection wizard be of any help if I continue to use my old router.  Thanks for any advice you can give. 
Message Edited by KaLin on 06-23-2009 03:37 PM
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(7,261 Views)

@JimQ wrote:
I am switching to FIOS in 2 weeks and was planning to continue to use my Linksys WRT610N router, with the verizon-provided actiontec modem/router (I presume in Bridge mode).  Are there any downsides to this?  I have heard that if the actiontec is in bridge mode, then I will lose some functions on the TV box.  Can you tell me which functions and how I can avoid this problem.  Would the connection wizard be of any help if I continue to use my old router.  Thanks for any advice you can give. 

See

http://www.verizonfioswiki.com/index.php/Using_Your_Own_Router

And OR

URL: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

Title/Location: All DSLR (dslreports.com) FAQs » Verizon Online FiOS FAQ » 3.0 Networking » What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations
Message Edited by KaLin on 06-23-2009 03:37 PM

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.