Re: Using My Asus RT-NT56U with G-1100 router
Bassman11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I'm here again. I still haven't been able to access my Asus router setup page. I've done Asus Device Discovery, says, router and computer has different IP address and subnet mask: Asus router IP: 192.168.2.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0. I honestly don't know what that means. Anyway, thought I'd share my current configuration, maybe that would help with a solution. First, I have Verizon Triple Play service. ONT is inside (room where my PC is), next to G-1100 router. Connections are: ONT(Ethernet)>G-1100(WAN), PC(Ethernet)>G-1100(LAN), ASUS(LAN)>ONT(LAN) & G-1100(LAN). WI-FI on G-1100(OFF). My wi-fi bands on Asus router are visible and active. I just can't get to it's configuration page. Is there a glitch in the device configuration? Any help is appreciated!!

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From your current set up it sounds like your boxes should be getting the guide/on demand. Is that part at least working? 

Some routers will change their IP address if it conflicts with the router/modem it is connected to. 

To get to the Asus page either hard wire or connect to the wifi and open your browser but now type 192.168.2.1 and that should get you there. 

Bassman11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, sorry for the late reply...YES, all of my STBs are working fine ( On Demand, schedule recordings, etc.). Incidentally, I have tried 192.168.2.1 while on wi-fi, no access page. Is it possible I need to reset my Asus and set it up again? Or should I be looking to change or modify some of the settings on the Verizon router?

0 Likes
Re: Asus router RT-N56U not listed, Need HELP!!!
Bassman11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon router (G-1100): primary, Asus N56U?. I'm sure the Asus router is not in the Access Point mode which is why I was trying to access it's configuration page. Although everything seems to be working fine, I'm sure the network settings aren't what they should be. Forgive my lack of knowledge about all of this, but, I'm trying. Thanks.

0 Likes