Using Online Backup and Sharing with Sub-Accounts
mlppitt

In the FAQ for online backup and sharing it says:

I have a sub-account. Can I use Online Backup and Sharing? 
Yes, sub-account holders can use Verizon Online Backup and Sharing. However, sub-account holders must contact the primary account holder for access to this tool. Setup and use Verizon Backup and Sharing

How does Verizon Online Backup and Sharing work with sub-accounts? 
If you have sub-accounts, you can distribute portions of your storage amongst your primary and sub-accounts. After distributing storage space to a sub-account, access that space by logging into My Verizon with that sub-account user name and password."

However, there is no way to allocate space to my sub-accounts.  I would like to be able to allocation space to familiy members, and allow everyone to keep their own files private.

I called online backup and sharing support and they said it is not possible to allocate space to sub-accounts even though it is clearly in the documentation.  He said that I could install the backup tool to my son's laptop and that he couldn't see my files.  However, there is no way to prevent it since it is all the same account.  I can't log into the tool using his sub-account, for example.

Any ideas of how to get this to work?

0 Likes
Re: Using Online Backup and Sharing with Sub-Accounts
mlppitt

I called again to make sure I didn't misunderstand something.  The person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about, and denied the documentation about sub-accounts even existed.  The website is 

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/Broadband+Essentials+and+Extras/Essentials/Online+Backup+...

0 Likes