Using Site Builder with Safari 4.0.3
lesl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to try building a site - when I click on Start Site Builder on the Getting started page, I get nothing. I've turned off the pop-up blocker...Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Site Builder with Safari 4.0.3
lesl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I was hoping not to need such a work-around, but that'll do it, to be sure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It may seem redundant, but if you've disabled Safari's pop-up blocker, make sure you don't have any other software that blocks pop-ups. (Toolbars, some security software.) If you are clicking on the Site Builder lnk and the page is reloading but nothing pops up, then it's a pop-up blocker.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lesl wrote:

I want to try building a site - when I click on Start Site Builder on the Getting started page, I get nothing. I've turned off the pop-up blocker...Any ideas?

I have Safari 4.0.2 on Windows XP and it doesn't work for me either. I also turned off the Pop-up Blocker. When I try to start Site Builder, I just get the same screen back, no error message or anything. Kinda hard to figure out what is wrong without an error message Smiley Happy It starts up just fine for me in Firefox 3.5.3.

I tried a Google search, unfortunately did not come up with anything. I tried to find any requirements for using Site Builder, couldn't find even that.

Sorry, no idea where to go next. Hopefully someone else can provide better info.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lesl
Enthusiast - Level 2

The page does seem to be loading (I see Safari's Loading icon in the address bar), but it doesn't open a new page. The pop-up blocker is off, and I've got no other software that would block pop-ups. BTW, I tried to get there on another Mac, also running Safari, and had the same issue. Works fine in Windows, but I don't have a home computer that runs Windows!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is another idea.

Instead, you could...

#1 Use a WYSIWYG HTML Editor or a HTML Editor of your choice on your computer.

#2 Then use a FTP Client to upload the files.

#3 See as need be

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/86782.htm

0 Likes
lesl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I was hoping not to need such a work-around, but that'll do it, to be sure.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lesl wrote:

You are welcome.
I got to the Verizon Broadband Sites Terms of Service, but then I got back to the page that I was at and was not able to go or doing anything there too on that same browser and version.
I have no idea why, but I will see what if any thing I can find out....
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes