Using Trendnet AC 1750 with Actiontec Model MI424WR Rev 1
EPCM

How do I connect an Trendnet AC 1750 to the Actiontec Model MI424WR Rev 1 to improve itnernet performance on OCs and Smartphones in my house?

It's my understanding that one needs to continue to use the Actiontec router for FIOS TV function--some connection protocols to the AC1750 can affect the VOD and onscreen TV menu.  Correct?

Does using the Actiontec routher in this passthrough manner ilimit the speed of the Trendnet router--I know that router is dual-band and so there should be more bandwitdth?

0 Likes
Re: Using Trendnet AC 1750 with Actiontec Model MI424WR Rev 1
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

One easy way to do it is to connect Trendnet router lan port to lan port of Actiontec.

Disable DHCP on Trendnet router. That amkes anyone that connects to Trendnet on the same subnet as the rest of your house.

If Wifi coverage is good enough, disable wifi on Actiontect and let the Trendnet cover it all.

There are other ways to handle, but this is quick and dirty.

0 Likes
Re: Using Trendnet AC 1750 with Actiontec Model MI424WR Rev 1
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@EPCM wrote:

How do I connect an Trendnet AC 1750 to the Actiontec Model MI424WR Rev 1 to improve itnernet performance on OCs and Smartphones in my house?

It's my understanding that one needs to continue to use the Actiontec router for FIOS TV function--some connection protocols to the AC1750 can affect the VOD and onscreen TV menu.  Correct?

Does using the Actiontec routher in this passthrough manner ilimit the speed of the Trendnet router--I know that router is dual-band and so there should be more bandwitdth?

If your tv usage is just as you specified above then you could just have your provisioning changed to ethernet, connect you trendnet router to the ont and cascade the Actiontec via a lan - wan connection and just have the actiontec controlling the stbs.  

I don't have a dvr but am told that dvr control doesn't work in that setup.

0 Likes