Switch Account

Using more then one Router

Using more then one Router

Contributor Brian1960
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(7,398 Views)

I have 1 computer hooked up to the Actiontec Router that was supplied by Verizon when they installed my FIOS internet.  I wanted to hardwired another computer in my house so I bought another Actiontec Router online and hooked it up to another computer in my house. Now I am having difficultly connection on both computers and get booted off the internet often after I am connected.  Did I do something wrong when I connected the second Router? Do I need to let Verizon know I am using 2 Routers? 

I

5 REPLIES 5
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 2 of 6
(7,387 Views)
how is the second router hooked up? How many devices are hooked up to for fios router? Is the second one have DHCP enabled? 
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 6
(7,332 Views)
Why are you using a second router?
Contributor Brian1960
Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(7,325 Views)

Coax intoouter, Ethernet to computer. Only the one computer. Not sure what DHCP enabled is?

Contributor Brian1960
Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(7,326 Views)
Want my two computers in house hardwired. Getting another router was cheapest way to convert from Moca to ethernet.
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 6 of 6
(7,313 Views)

If you have available lan ports on your first Actiontec, why not go directly to your second PC? If you want to use the second Actiontec as a hub maybe this will help you;

http://www.broofa.com/blog/?p=122

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.