Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Using my own Router ran through actiontec

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Using my own Router ran through actiontec

Message 1 of 4
(140 Views)

I currently have a MOCA set up with a coax line coming out of the box and a splitter with one for t.v(only use wifi service so this is inactive) and one for Verizon router. I would like to know if I can NOT run cat6 cable and just use the action tec coax to RJ45 adapter to my own router. Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Using my own Router ran through actiontec

Message 2 of 4
(130 Views)

I believe the answer is yes if you change the coax channel frequency on the Actiontec MoCA adapter to 1000MHz.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(124 Views)

Awesome was thinking the same thing. Their website basically calls it an adapter that boosts your speed. Was willing to spend the money instead of fishing wire through my siding. Thanks again for the quick response and will let you know how it goes! 

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(69 Views)

It's not entirely clear what you're trying to do.  Are you talking about the WAN link from the ONT to the router?

Are you considering upgrading to a speed above 100Mbps?  If so, the ONT will be provisioned to provide WAN service over Ethernet.  A single MoCA adapter near your router won't help.

If you give us more info about the problem you're trying to solve, we can give you a better answer.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.