Using my own Router ran through actiontec
DMike1

I currently have a MOCA set up with a coax line coming out of the box and a splitter with one for t.v(only use wifi service so this is inactive) and one for Verizon router. I would like to know if I can NOT run cat6 cable and just use the action tec coax to RJ45 adapter to my own router. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Re: Using my own Router ran through actiontec
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the answer is yes if you change the coax channel frequency on the Actiontec MoCA adapter to 1000MHz.

0 Likes
DMike1

Awesome was thinking the same thing. Their website basically calls it an adapter that boosts your speed. Was willing to spend the money instead of fishing wire through my siding. Thanks again for the quick response and will let you know how it goes! 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not entirely clear what you're trying to do.  Are you talking about the WAN link from the ONT to the router?

Are you considering upgrading to a speed above 100Mbps?  If so, the ONT will be provisioned to provide WAN service over Ethernet.  A single MoCA adapter near your router won't help.

If you give us more info about the problem you're trying to solve, we can give you a better answer.