Using my own router, activation link not working
M-Dodi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using my own router (TP-Link AC1200). I am trying to activate the internet service, but it fails as the router cannot get an ip address. It says the internet connection is disconnected. 

I have communicated with Verizon and they says my service is up and the router should figure out the ip automaticaly. 

How can I let the router catch the ip and be connected to the internet? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using my own router, activation link not working
jonjones1
Legend

@M-Dodi wrote:

I am using my own router (TP-Link AC1200). I am trying to activate the internet service, but it fails as the router cannot get an ip address. It says the internet connection is disconnected. 

I have communicated with Verizon and they says my service is up and the router should figure out the ip automaticaly. 

What is the service level? Internet only I am assuming. First reset the router back to factory then plug the ethernet into the WAN port on the router. Wait about 10 minutes to have it obtain a DHCP your router should then be fully booted up with a connection.

after it’s connected, you hook a computer to the router (ethernet is preferred) in the LAN port. Type 192.168.1.1 which should access your routers interface to change passwords, network SSID or to turn off QOS then just save changes without reboot if possible but rebooting will not harm the connection.

you see Verizon will not assist in troubleshooting a personal router. So if they say you have the connection and speed it’s from their side to your ONT.

anything from the ONT to the home connection is your problem.

View solution in original post

Re: Using my own router, activation link not working
jonjones1
Legend

@M-Dodi wrote:

What is the service level? Internet only I am assuming. First reset the router back to factory then plug the ethernet into the WAN port on the router. Wait about 10 minutes to have it obtain a DHCP your router should then be fully booted up with a connection.

after it’s connected, you hook a computer to the router (ethernet is preferred) in the LAN port. Type 192.168.1.1 which should access your routers interface to change passwords, network SSID or to turn off QOS then just save changes without reboot if possible but rebooting will not harm the connection.

you see Verizon will not assist in troubleshooting a personal router. So if they say you have the connection and speed it’s from their side to your ONT.

anything from the ONT to the home connection is your problem.