Using my own router with fios and ran into some issues . Help !
Procoy

Hey All,

I read numerous threads about using my own router and how to but I ran into some problems  . First off, I have XR500 and the new 2.5 Moca Adapter.The problem is I am not sure how to go about it entirely.

- My setup is coax cable and ethernet cable to the verzion router ( I believed that's newly dated setup)  

• I plugged the coax cable into the MOCA adapter from the verzion router 
  • I plugged in the ethernet cable into the Moca adapter and to XR500 ( Not sure if that's right ) 
  • Problem, I could not get no internet/WIFI so I am not sure If I plug in the  ethernet cable somewhere else .

I would love a easy step by step setup to go about everything with a smooth transition .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using my own router with fios and ran into some issues . Help !
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds about right unless I'm missing something. There should be an ethernet WAN cable from the ONT. That will plug into the XR500 WAN port. Then the one of the XR500 LAN ports will connect to the MoCA adapter. Lastly the coax from vz router will connect to the MoCA adapter as well. What is your ultimate goal?

I attached a diagram for you too.

View solution in original post

Re: Using my own router with fios and ran into some issues . Help !
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds about right unless I'm missing something. There should be an ethernet WAN cable from the ONT. That will plug into the XR500 WAN port. Then the one of the XR500 LAN ports will connect to the MoCA adapter. Lastly the coax from vz router will connect to the MoCA adapter as well. What is your ultimate goal?

I attached a diagram for you too.