Using own router (Netgear)
Shadowkon

The service I have is Verizon fios gigabit and its connected with my own router which is the Nighthawk R7000 AC 1900. The problem is, I get nowhere near the internet speed that I am suppose to get. I barely break 100 mbps. Is there anything specific I am suppose to do other than just plugging in my router? I also cant seem to locate my router through the Verizon fios application. I have internet, but as stated before, I am getting 100 mbps the most which is terrible. Please help and Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Using own router (Netgear)
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not really. Should be just plug and play. Were you ever getting good speeds? What devices are you testing with? Wired or wireless?

You can’t manage your router through the FiOS app. It has to be a Verizon router. 

0 Likes
Shadowkon

Im a first time customer and never had this issue with optimum. I am testing it with my iPhone. I don’t understand though why I can’t even get past 100mbps. I barley pass 70mbps honestly. Can it be because I’m using a phone to test it? Regardless, I used a phone with optimum and reached 220mbps and I was paying for 300mbps. Im paying for a gigabit and barley get passed 70. It’s strange to me 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you are connected to the 2.4 GHz network. Try connect to the one with 5G on the end of the SSID.

0 Likes