Using the FiOS Network Extender with the Quantum Gateway and gigabit Internet
JeffyCupcake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded to gigabit Internet and I want to improve the WiFi signal on the other side of the apartment since it is weak.  I'm considering purchasing the FiOS Network Extender but I have some questions about the best way to connect it.  A few months back I had issues with my Internet and the tech swapped out the box in the basement and switched the connection to the Quantum Gateway from coax to Ethernet.  The instructions for the Network Extender say it must be connected via coax.  If I connect the Network Extender via coax will it be able to get the full gigabit speeds or is there a way to connect it via Ethernet?  I was under the impression that the two LAN ports on the Network Extender were for connecting computers to and not for connecting it to the Quantum Gateway.   Can I have the Quantum Gateway connected via Ethernet and still have the Network Extender connected via coax or will that mess things up?  I'm looking for input before I order the Network Extender.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Using the FiOS Network Extender with the Quantum Gateway and gigabit Internet
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/equipment/network-extender

The link above says connect via coaxial or ethernet. Look at both setups in the how to’s

0 Likes