Utter Frustration
darthurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have been trying to tell Verizon for 2 months that they have a typo in there address database. I live on a street called Patricia lane but their database has no such street available. However my address exists on Patricia ST in the database but that address in real life( the physical world) does not exist. When I have told them this they tell me.

I don't have Fios because:

"Our computers are never wrong."

"We would have come by to ask if you wanted Fios when we did the area"

(Yes, Yes, they did the area before we moved in.)

"Please wait on hold(Until you hang up)"

Oh and the famous form letter. "Fios is not available in your area right now" to any email I send them.

Does anyone have any idea how to make Verizon listen to a customer with out hitting them in the head with a baseball bat?

0 Likes
Re: Utter Frustration
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Their web and databases are all screwed up

As an example: It appears to be much worse, than that..

I point you to the thread at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r17931064-Issue-w-check-by-address-for-FIOS-security-and-cookies

and when there, see the post by jack b (DSLR User 198601)

Quick quote

Hey Verizon, I ALREADY HAVE FIOS. Save some money, and stop sending promotional material to existing customers.
0 Likes
darthurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Funny,

Even though their web database and Fios database are screwed up I am sure on the promotions list. I get 2 sometimes 3 letters a week telling that I qualify for fios and to call to have it set up.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens when you call them?

0 Likes
mark3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really, Ya know what...  sigh up and let them deal with it.  Do you have fios in the streets and neighbors who are using it?  If so then sign up, for a while you just may have to go with the wrong address.  As long as you get your bills from V* i would go for it just make sure when you buy, you put it into the installer notes that the address is actually on 'what-ever street' so he can find it easier. 

0 Likes
darthurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dslr595148,

When I call I am told that I don't have FiOS and IF (capital letters) there is an error in the data there is nothing they can do. The sixth time I called I ended up with a nice CS agent who told me I might be right and said she would send a e-mail to the engineers that was on 8/28/09. Guess what no response. Reading thought the forums I have come to two concussions; one CS agent who are untrained and sitting in front a a computer giving them prompts is less useful then the support website, and two the CS department is so big it is a juggernaut and can't be stop once it start going in one direction.

{please keep it relevant}

[edit]

0 Likes
darthurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally got an CS agent to help me. But of course the work order has disappeared. So much for calling in for help. BTW when you keep ppl on hold for 2 hour can you plz get better hold music.

0 Likes