VDSL light on D-link 6300V modem keeps going out and drops my internet connection
bpatel08

I have had verizon Fios for 6 months now? in the last few weeks this has constantly been happening and I have no idea why and verizon chat support has not been any help (they see no problems on their end..)

the hardware I have is a 6300V D-link modem and a verizon quantum router

I haven't seen any issues so far with the router - typical white globe/white wifi signal at all times, no blinking

but on the dlink modem, it seems every 24 hours or so, it just goes haywire for some reason..It drops internet connection every few minutes (VDSL light goes out completely)...it regains the internet connection and VDSL light comes back on for a few minutes, than repeats again for a while...I usually have to restart the router/modem for it to become stable again and i'm getting real tired of seeing this happen

sometimes it happens every few hours as well but those have been rarer and now its only been happening a few times, daily. 

What is going on? that causes this every 24 hours or so? is it something to do with the DHCP leasing? Should I be able to see something in the advanced status system monitoring logs? I can look something up if it would be helpful to anyone who needs more detail on this mattter

I have done a hard reset/restart as well on both the router and modem..this issue still happened after that. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VDSL light on D-link 6300V modem keeps going out and drops my internet connection
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given they have you on a VDSL Connection, I'm assuming your in an apartment complex? 

If possible, I'd check with your neighbors to see if they're experiencing the same issue at all, this would help you determine if this is an issue with the Verizon DSL equipment in your building, or if its just your modem. 

Either way Verizon support should be more proactive, have you tried calling them? Often times from what I've seen is the phone support represinatives are pretty good at getting solutions.

View solution in original post

Re: VDSL light on D-link 6300V modem keeps going out and drops my internet connection
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given they have you on a VDSL Connection, I'm assuming your in an apartment complex? 

If possible, I'd check with your neighbors to see if they're experiencing the same issue at all, this would help you determine if this is an issue with the Verizon DSL equipment in your building, or if its just your modem. 

Either way Verizon support should be more proactive, have you tried calling them? Often times from what I've seen is the phone support represinatives are pretty good at getting solutions.