VERIZON FIOS ROUTER MI424WR DOESNT WORK?
Pro848

Alright, so I unplugged my Fios router and plugged in my NetGear router for about an hour or so. Then I unplugged my NetGear router and plugged back in my Fios router. But then, Ethernet slot on the Fios router is orange even though the wire was plugged in. However, when I switched back to the NetGear router, the Ethernet was green. Now I can't connect to the internet using the Fios router, why? BTW, I probably accidently unplugged the Fios Box but I quickly plugged it back in.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: VERIZON FIOS ROUTER MI424WR DOESNT WORK?
prisaz
Legend

@Pro848 wrote:

Alright, so I unplugged my Fios router and plugged in my NetGear router for about an hour or so. Then I unplugged my NetGear router and plugged back in my Fios router. But then, Ethernet slot on the Fios router is orange even though the wire was plugged in. However, when I switched back to the NetGear router, the Ethernet was green. Now I can't connect to the internet using the Fios router, why? BTW, I probably accidently unplugged the Fios Box but I quickly plugged it back in.

The system DHCP asigns the IP address based on the MAC hardware address of the router. If you plugged your Netgear into the ONT, and it was able to pick up an address that quick, you would need to find a way to release the address from the Netgear and unplug it quickly before it gets reasigned back to the Netgear. Or leave the Netgear unpluged for about a hour or two, then plug the Actiontec back into the ONT. It might not take an hour or two to get the new address, but it is one way to prevent residential customers from getting more than one public IP address. Or connect the Actiontec and call the Verizon FCS and have them release and renew your IP.