VERY disappointed with FIOS customer support.
ammolive123

I recently switched from Comcast (who I was with for many years) to FIOS/Verizon. Your customer support is the worst of all of the online vendors I have. It is HORRENDOUS.

First of all, your servers are either down ALL the time, or your hardware/software is faulty. I CANNOT log on to your intranet to view my bill or my account. EVER, This website SUCKS. A commercial enterprise of your size should be ASHAMED to offer such a site. It's a disgrace.

(Amazing! You don't even have spell check in this **bleep** response option I'm writing in!)

The fact that you don't provide a simple email address for a disgruntled customer to write to is ABUSIVE. Who has the time to troll through eight miles of digital horse**bleep** to get a message through? And who even knows if you'll see this, or respond to it?

Then I try the chat...only you don't offer this option on the weekends. How intuitive Verizon! Did it ever occur to you that the weekend is when most people HAVE the time for this crap? Guess not.

I NEVER had ANY of these problems with Comcast - not in ten years! I'm thinking carefully about going back to them - price be damned. Verizon is as bad as I always heard. And I'm supposed to switch to you from my cell carrier? Fat chance!

If you think this note was flaming, try not resolving my issues. I'll make it my MISSION to spread the news about Verizon/FIOS customer service.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: VERY disappointed with FIOS customer support.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ammolive123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
ammolive123

Hi Marcial,

No one from Verizon ever contacted me about my complaint, except for an initial email which told me to follow certain instructions. I tried following them but they were incorrect, so whoever had sent that email thought that I didn't respond (how hard do they have to make this?). I spoke to tech support on the phone (my least favorite way to contact a vendor for help) and they said they put in a ticket. I never heard back from anyone at Verizon until your email just now (I think Ispoke to tech support two weeks ago). I just happened to stumble upon the fact that my website access to your site finally worked after weeks of no access. The WORST customer service I've ever recieved as an adult (and I'm 54). If it were at all feasible right now I would dump Verizon entirely and never come back.

Now that this initial problem (can't log in to the V website) is over, I have a new problem: the download speeds I'm getting are horrible. I usually have maybe 5-6 browser windows open at once, trying to load media, etc. Your service sucks. It chokes, coughs and spits its way to loading these pages, and that's when it doesn't crash Firefox on me. I want a resolution to this problem. I got with Verizon because of the highly touted FIOS. So far Comcast blows you away.

Please pass along this issue

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ammolive123 wrote:

I recently switched from Comcast (who I was with for many years) to FIOS/Verizon. Your customer support is the worst of all of the online vendors I have. It is HORRENDOUS.

First of all, your servers are either down ALL the time, or your hardware/software is faulty. I CANNOT log on to your intranet to view my bill or my account. EVER, This website SUCKS. A commercial enterprise of your size should be ASHAMED to offer such a site. It's a disgrace.

(Amazing! You don't even have spell check in this **bleep** response option I'm writing in!)

The fact that you don't provide a simple email address for a disgruntled customer to write to is ABUSIVE. Who has the time to troll through eight miles of digital horse**bleep** to get a message through? And who even knows if you'll see this, or respond to it?

Then I try the chat...only you don't offer this option on the weekends. How intuitive Verizon! Did it ever occur to you that the weekend is when most people HAVE the time for this crap? Guess not.

I NEVER had ANY of these problems with Comcast - not in ten years! I'm thinking carefully about going back to them - price be damned. Verizon is as bad as I always heard. And I'm supposed to switch to you from my cell carrier? Fat chance!

If you think this note was flaming, try not resolving my issues. I'll make it my MISSION to spread the news about Verizon/FIOS customer service.

{edited for privacy}

Try again. (from a peer)

Note most of your initial complaints don't match my experience.

The web site could be better but it works.

There is a spell checker for the forums.

The big question is why you can't logon to the internet (not intranet) to see your bill.

MOST MAJOR COMPANIES do not do business via simple email.  Lots of reasons for that.  COMCAST, at least in NY, doesn't for example.

Billing is only available business hours.  True for many but not all companies.  Might be an area to make a suggestion for impovement.

0 Likes
ammolive123

Your user experience and my user experience are clearly different user experiences. I have a number of major vendors and have been doing business with them for quite a very long time now, thanks. I didn't just start paying my bills today; I'm actually a full-grown middle-aged man.

There may be a spell checker for the forum, but in 2014 I'm used to it activating on a misspelled word automatically, not having to launch an application for it (what is this 1987?) There are myriad glaring weaknesses with Verizon's customer support. I don't need that verified.

Thanks so much! 🙂

ja

0 Likes