VERY slow upload speeds?
Cmferraro

Hi there!

We purchased 75/75 a while ago. Got the new router and everything. The download speeds are always 75 or above, but the upload speeds are always under 20 and under 5 in the evenings.

We have made several attempts to call, restart the system several times, but nothing seems to work? We love FIOS, but need help with this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Michael

0 Likes
Re: VERY slow upload speeds?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

First question is always are you measuring your speeds via a wired (Ethernet) connection or via WiFi?

If it's via WiFi, you should run speed test via a wired connection on a Mac or PC to eliminate WiFi issues being the problem.

0 Likes
Cmferraro

It is a wired connection to the PC, the router is literally 5 feet away and I am connected right to it.

0 Likes
Cmferraro

And, no, not sure why it's said it's solved?

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I'm not showing this thread indicating it's solved.  Anyway, pressing on....

If you're not already doing so, you might check your speeds using the Verizon speed test:

http://testmyspeed.verizon.net/services/speedtest/

Comparing results there to www.speedtest.net will indicate if a speed problem is within or outside the Verizon network.

If you're consistently getting no more than 20 mb/s up I would suggest you give Verizon tech support a call.  If they send a tech and he can't see the problem it's hard to troubleshoot.  But if the tech can actually see the slower upload speed you're getting, he/she should be able to track down what's causing it.

I also have the 75/75 plan and have never seen less than 80 mb/s in either direction.  You should be getting those results too.

Good luck!

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Cmferraro wrote:

Hi there!

We purchased 75/75 a while ago. Got the new router and everything. The download speeds are always 75 or above, but the upload speeds are always under 20 and under 5 in the evenings.

We have made several attempts to call, restart the system several times, but nothing seems to work? We love FIOS, but need help with this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Michael

Have exactly the same issue with 2 of my machines.  Have determined in my case that it is something to do with the mobo chipset - the 2 machines in question are different version of ECS Elite mother boards.  I tried adding new nics and it made the upload speed slightly better but still nothing like the other machines in the house - they all get 85/80 on the 75/75 connection.

If you can find a different answer let me know as I've just given up after a year with the issue and upload using machines that can do it.

0 Likes
Dadoug1

I to have the same issue, I have 75/75 and prior to getting the quantum router i had the red/black one it was doing 80+/- down and 80+/- upload When I got the router in the mail it would not boot into the system the lites in front would stya blinking on the phone tech support could do nothing with it. So tech came to my house swapped out the router and the new one worked so he said try it out and first thing i did was check speeds 78 down 3 up showed the tech he checked a few things but no improvment went uo to 20 up then back down to around 5 the tech swapped out this router and i had him hook up the red/black one and he saw the 80+ down and up put another quantum router online and download was 80+ upload was still slow. He said he would pass it to the engineers but never heard anything so up till now i have called tech support many times but to no avail they all say the same cue card please reset your router then do this then that. My wife works from home so i need this service to work.I called vz tech support last week and tried to vz speed test and it hit 60 up once the tech guy said there you just got 60 i said yea but now it is back to 7 I told stephon I wanted a tech out to my house this week end to fix this but no one came. so now either I revert back to the red/b;ack router and drop quantum to get what i pay for and maybe try brighthouse. Sorry this got long but needed to vent. I think they have a software issue dealling with uploads

Good luck getting yours fixed,

Doug

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1
Dadoug....

I upgraded to Quantum TV some months ago. I saw no advantage to switching to the new Quantum router so I stuck with my Actiontec Rev I, the router you described as red/black. My 75/75 speeds have always been solid as a rock. Since it sounds like you have the same results with your Actiontec router my suggestion is just stick with it.

After reading many posts here reporting problems with the Quantum router I'm glad I made the decision to not fix something that wasn't broken. You may very well get peace-of-mind by making the same choice.
0 Likes