Switch Account

VISS (McAfee) virus scan error at 7%

VISS (McAfee) virus scan error at 7%

Highlighted
Contributor ACIM66
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(1,478 Views)

Error message:"Problem: Product configuration XML file missing".  Running the online Troubleshooter produces the same error message for: 'Anti-Spam', 'Personal Firewall', 'Site Advisor', 'Security Center', 'Quick Clean & Shredder', and 'Virus Scan'. Thinking this was a problem with the McAfee software,  I reinstalled the Security Suite, but got the same result.  Using Windows 7. VISS has been working normally until today's error messages. How do I correct this?

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(1,447 Views)

have you tried mcafee virtual tech.  it looks for bad files and replaces with good ones.fixes a lot of common errors.

McAfee Virtual Technician

mvt.mcafee.com/
Contributor ACIM66
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(1,426 Views)

Thank you very much for your response. I will try that this morning.

After posting my message, I discovered that my 'Windows Updater' encounters 'unknown problem' and stops update, so I'm not current on my Windows updates - I may have more of a problem than just with VISS - may require a professional technician to resolve. But, in any case, thanks for your help.

Ben

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.