VISS Problems with Updates and Product configuration xml file missing
JHelven
Enthusiast - Level 2

When my VISS updates, it will get stuck at 50% or 60% and stay there until I reboot, because it really slows down my computer. I downloaded and ran the MVT and the results were "Product configuration xml file missing" on Virus Scan, Quick Clean and Shredder, Security Center, Site Advisor, Personal Firewall, Anti-Spam, and McAfee Home Network. It said the MVT couldn't fix it, so what do I do now?

0 Likes
Re: VISS Problems with Updates and Product configuration xml file missing
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi there,  from my personal experience with antivirus products, there are ways to correct individual issues like that, but often times they are very convoluted and difficult to execute, especially if the auto fix tools don't fix it.

My recommendation, if I Can be so bold, is to simply remove it and reinstall it.

Mcafee and Norton both have product removal tools.

So I would recommend running McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool - MajorGeeks and let it completely and thoroughly uninstall the product, and then run Mcafee's Pre-Install Tool. - McAfee Communities.Then after both are done, go to www.verizon.com/getviss and re-download and install the product.   Hope that helps.

0 Likes
JHelven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, if I remove it, will I have a problem downloading and reinstalling it again? I do have a subscription, but I've had it for a long time, what info would I need to provide?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

These subscriptions from what I can tell are tied to your Verizon Username and password. When I download and install mine, it might ask me for my verizon log in, which is my email or the one I use to pay my bill. 

0 Likes