VISS issues
SteveMac3

I run Windows XP with Service Pack 3 update.  Am trying to install VISS but receive the following error,

" We are sorry but we are unable to read your system configuration.  Please retry later. (error code:Vizard .81b903e8-ed15-4567-9af6-e118df556000)"

Any advice?  I do not have any firewall programs or antivirus programs running right now, thus I am not blocking the program. (nor protecting my computer!)

Thanks for taking the time.

Steve Mac

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VISS issues
dmaconthe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Clearing old links/fragments in the Windows registry may enable installation of VISS, especially after deleting/uninstalling (McAfee/Norton) products. Check Microsoft Support page for instruction and /or MS partner products that repair/clean the Windows registry. One can do this manually; but I would only suggest this as a last resort. 

@eroncohen wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem on windows XP.  Does anyone know how to solve this? I cannot install VISS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your trouble installing VISS. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Stupid question, but are you running with Administrative Priveledges? I know you're using Windows XP and it's not too common to see people not running as admin, but it's worth a thought.

missygigi

I am having trouble installing VISS.  using windows 7 i removed the Norton that came installed and restarted the computer.  when VISS installation restarts it says i need to remove Norton still but its not listed on the uninstall list.  i cant install VISS now that i am paying for it.

any advice?  thank you

0 Likes
hollywood75

i am having the same issue as missygigi, but it says that McAfee is still installed, but it doesnt show up in the list....anyone have any ideas why it would still see a program that's been uninstalled?

0 Likes
eroncohen

I am experiencing the same problem on windows XP.  Does anyone know how to solve this? I cannot install VISS.

0 Likes
dmaconthe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Clearing old links/fragments in the Windows registry may enable installation of VISS, especially after deleting/uninstalling (McAfee/Norton) products. Check Microsoft Support page for instruction and /or MS partner products that repair/clean the Windows registry. One can do this manually; but I would only suggest this as a last resort. 

@eroncohen wrote:

0 Likes
amnewman22

Just wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem.  I am new to Verizon and I am having the same problem...cannot read system configuration.  Any advise is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes