VPN Access Not Working
Yumms

Hi Guys,

I have FIOS internet service with the FiOS Quantum router (G1100). The router is connected via Ethernet to theONT (inside of an apartment).

The issue is that the my work’s Cisco VPN access does not work. If I use any other wifi access point (starbucks,

neighbor's)  then the VPN works fine. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router, same issue. I’ve put the router in DMZ mode and opened all possible VPN ports.

Any solutions?

0 Likes
Re: VPN Access Not Working
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Yumms wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have FIOS internet service with the FiOS Quantum router (G1100). The router is connected via Ethernet to theONT (inside of an apartment).

The issue is that the my work’s Cisco VPN access does not work. If I use any other wifi access point (starbucks,

neighbor's)  then the VPN works fine. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router, same issue. I’ve put the router in DMZ mode and opened all possible VPN ports.

Any solutions?

Not sure I understand what you mean by putting the router in DMZ mode.  Do you really mean you put the IP address of your laptop in DMZ mode?

0 Likes
Yumms

@viafax999 wrote:

@Yumms wrote:

Hi Guys,

Any solutions?

Not sure I understand what you mean by putting the router in DMZ mode.  Do you really mean you put the IP address of your laptop in DMZ mode?

Yes.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Yumms wrote:

Hi Guys,

Any solutions?

Just to clarify - is this the IPSec-based "Cisco VPN Client" with the padlock icon, or is this the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" software we're working with? Totally different beasts in terms of reliability and how they connect.

0 Likes
Yumms

Hello,

This is a IPSec-based Cisco client, it has a yellow padlock icon.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

So what may be happening here is the VPN traffic may not be able to pass due to the Gateway having IPSEC ALG enabled, or a broken implementation of it. I've never used the G1100 gateway (not a FiOS) user, but if the options have been added into the gateway with a recent firmware upgrade, try to either enable or disable the IPSEC ALG feature.

On that client, there should also be the ability to change the client from using UDP for transport to Tcp for transport. Many firewalls and gateways that have firmware bugs will often work better if you use TCP. Ask your IT department about these settings and see if they help.