VPN Connection Issues
neojag

Ok, I've seen a few posts out there on this, but I haven't been able to fix anything yet.  One post said that the new firmware coing out on January 31st would fix the issue with the router, but nothing has changed. 

Saw another post that said Verizon called them to fix the problem.  When I called support, I was told that they weren't trained to handle these issues and couldn't help me. 

I need my VPN back.  Please help.

0 Likes
Re: VPN Connection Issues
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

when writing your post, please remember to let us know what your particulars are.  The title is "VPN Connection issues" but you didn't give any details. 

I can tell you that verizon tier 1 tech support is trained by the company to assist you with only "default" settings on the router.  The basic connection.  Most of the experienced techs could assist you with a VPN, but not knowing the user's knowledge level, combined with 'call handling time' pressures, a tier 1 support person would not usually go against the grain to risk a call that could be an hour long.        A VPN requires changing the default settings inside the router.  Verizon has "Expert Care" division which may be able to assist you. 

prisaz
Legend

@neojag wrote:

Ok, I've seen a few posts out there on this, but I haven't been able to fix anything yet.  One post said that the new firmware coing out on January 31st would fix the issue with the router, but nothing has changed. 

Saw another post that said Verizon called them to fix the problem.  When I called support, I was told that they weren't trained to handle these issues and couldn't help me. 

I need my VPN back.  Please help.

See this thread. It may help.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=2419

0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1
Is your ActionTec running firmware 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.3 now?
0 Likes
neojag

I guess it would help if I described my issue. 

In a nutshell, I use a VPN connection to connect to my workplace network from home.  Since I instlaled FIOS I cannot establish a good connection.

I have an ActionTec router with a cable connection from the router to the outside box.  I have FIOS TV and Internet service.

How do I get to the Level of Technical assistance I need?  Is there a specific phone number?

0 Likes
neojag

No,  I'm still running 10.7.  When I try to upgrade I see an message stating "the firmware upgrade is not supported on this hardware version".

0 Likes
Zoinks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try posting your question over on http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/vzfiber  That's a great forum with lots of help.

Having said that, I think I remember hearing about VPN problems if your router is connected to the ONT with cable instead of CAT5.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1
Do you have the ActionTech Revision D?
0 Likes
neojag
Yes, I am running version D.  What does this mean?
0 Likes