VPN Issues on Fios network - DNS?
vla41789
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

After a year of connecting to my office's VPN with no issues on my Fios network, over the past 4 weeks, I have been unable to connect to the VPN. My computer says it's connected, but any time I try to head to a domain name and/or application that requires the VPN, I receive error messages.

My IT team at work has diagnosed that it's an issue with my Fios network, since I am able to connect to the VPN just fine via other networks (Starbucks, mobile hotspot, etc.). It is clearly a Fios issue. I've gone through 2 support sessions with Fios so far, spent a few hours on each, and was offered no help. I was told to call my VPN provider when it is clearly NOT an issue with my VPN, it is an issue with my network.

My IT team believes it's an issue with DNS, but flushing the DNS on my computer does not seem to have worked. I need a higher level of support from Fios, I would think, but so far I have not even been offered that. Does anyone have any advice that may be of use to my IT team at work? I am hoping they can help since Verizon hasn't been able to so far!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VPN Issues on Fios network - DNS?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try changing DNS servers?

You can change the settings in the router so all connected devices use a different server, or you can change the settings just on your PC.

Try Google's DNS or OpenDNS to start.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try changing DNS servers?

You can change the settings in the router so all connected devices use a different server, or you can change the settings just on your PC.

Try Google's DNS or OpenDNS to start.

Good Luck.

vla41789
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much! I will try it.

a_rodge
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the G3100, is this the Dynamic DNS setting?

0 Likes
a_rodge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind issue resolved. I did this manually on the PC. I'd still like to do it at the router level, but not urgent.

trancer5007

What setting did you change it to on pc?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes