Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

VPN stopped working on a MI424WR

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

VPN stopped working on a MI424WR

Message 1 of 3
(434 Views)

On April 6th, the VPN connection on my coworker's laptop was found to have stopped working, though it worked fine on the 3rd. They hadn't made any changes to VPN credentials, OS configurations or updates, or internet settings. The error showing up in Event Viewer is from RasClient, 20227, error 809 which points to the port blockage on the VPN server or firewall. Since all the rest of us can still get on the VPN, we know it's not the VPN server. I had the same issue on the 6th, but a factory reset of our building's modem/router cleared up the issue (likewise, I hadn't made any changes to affect my access for the 6th).

Their device is a MI424WR, firmware 40.21.24, and they also recently performed a factory reset. They called in to Verizon support, and a tech "showed" there was an issue because they could tracert to our VPN IP, but they couldn't ping it. On my computer, I'm neither able to tracert nor ping its IP address whether I'm connected to the VPN or not, so I don't think that alone is indicative of anything.

What I did find on their device is the BAYVPN portforwarding rule lists UDP Any -> 500. Would that interfere with our connection at all? We have an L2TP connection for our company. Is there a way to definitively show whether or not the Verizon device is blocking their VPN connection to our work network?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: VPN stopped working on a MI424WR

Message 2 of 3
(347 Views)

#1 I point you to https://windowsreport.com/fix-vpn-error-809-windows-10/

#2 Try those fixes.

That includes the firewall setting(s) in the router.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: VPN stopped working on a MI424WR

Message 3 of 3
(279 Views)

The settings that the article points to aren't specific enough for the MI424WR. I'm looking for instructions that take me through step by step on this particular router, so the article wasn't of any help.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.