VPN troubleshooting
tph1

I have connected to a VPN via Fios and Cisco Any Connect using the same laptop for nearly three years.  Always flawless.  Today - when connecting, the VPN tells me the service provider is restricing access to the Internet.  You need to log on with the service provider before you can establish a VPN session.  You can try this by visiting any website.  Only issue is that I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!!  Support from verison is useless.  Told me that if you are connected to the internet it is not them.  My IT department says that clearly there is something blocking the vpn from getting to our servers.   Went to Starbucks -- can connect via VPN there....  What is it Verizon...do you not care about your customers!!  What did you change in the configuration behind the scenes.  Please advise soonest!!

0 Likes
Re: VPN troubleshooting
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cisco AnyConnect's Captive Portal detection might be getting triggered falsely. Can you try going into AnyConnect's options and unchecking Captive Portal detection?

You can reach the Internet just fine from your home on the same computer with AnyConnect, right?

0 Likes