Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.
Shop online or through the My Verizon app and get your holiday orders fast.
In-Store or Curbside Pickup:
• Orders must be placed from 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon – Sat, and Sun before 2 PM (excluding holidays).
• We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. Your order will be held for 3 days from the time it's placed.
• Please bring photo ID and credit/debit card only if used as payment.
• In-Store Pickup is available across the U.S. at participating Verizon Wireless stores.
• Curbside Pickup available at select stores.
• Same-day delivery is available in select areas.
• If same-day delivery is available for your order, you’ll be able to choose that option at checkout.
I'll not able to connect to my company's VPN (Cisco VPN Client) when my laptop is connected wirelessly to my home network, but it works just fine when I connect through an ethernet cable. (To clarify, the VPN window says that I'm connected, but I'm not "fully" connected where I can access shared drives, update virus softwware, etc.). Any idea how to fix this. The signal strength is good and I'm in close proximity to the router. Thanks.
since you didn't specify which router you are using, i can only answer in general terms. in a router each connection method; wired, 2.4 or 5.0 can have various rules applied to it. it's possible such a rule is in effect for wireless but not wired. someone familier with your router's firmware could investigate this. i would also mention this problem to the it dept you company vpn for - it's possible they bundled that client with more connectiviy restrictions than you expected for reasons only they can explain. if i was your it manager, and i didn't want you to access the home office network from starbucks, i might have done something about it.