Veizon Fivespot VZ Access Manager HELP
Shaggy86

So. I had a Windows XP Home with SP3, Sony Vaio Desktop. My Fivespot worked excellent. My computer crashed a couple days ago. I cleaned out the inside, and did a full System Recovery. Started it up and the computer would download the VZ Access Manager, but wouldn't download the ZTE Driver. When I open VZAM and click Detect Device both, Auto Detect, and USB Modem say the Device was not detected. I called Verizon they ran me through Turning it on and off, Unplugging/Plugging it in, Uninstalling/Reinstalling it, etc. Nothing worked and they said they don't know whats wrong with it. I asked if it's because I no longer have the Service Packs from doing the Recovery. They said I should try and get that.

I went to my dad's and hooked it up to the cable modem. Downloaded all the updates I had til the day my computer crashed. All the programs and pretty much everything works fine. (I think I just had so much dust and gunk everywhere in the system covering the fans, so it probably overheated, couldn't have been a Virus, I have the best Antivirus, AntiSpyware, and anti Malware scanners.) Tried installing it again. It downloaded the ZTE Driver. I open it up and it's still saying The device wasn't detected! It doesn't even show the WiFi router my dad had sitting right in the next room, and I even entered in his IP, Subnet, and Gateway info in the wifi prefrences screen. I took it out and tried installing it onto my Dad's PC. I opened it up and it detects it, shows the WiFi locations, but then on his I couldn't connect with the VPN. Someone PLease HELP ME!! Should I just go to Verizon and try to trade it in (it's only a month old). or is this a problem anyone else had, or knows how to fix? THanks

0 Likes
Re: Veizon Fivespot VZ Access Manager HELP
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your laptop see any USB devices any more?

Does your laptop see any WIFI devices any more?

Does your wireless nic show in device manager as working?