Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Velop Mesh System Issues - Using Own Router

Contributor
Contributor

Velop Mesh System Issues - Using Own Router

Message 1 of 3
(844 Views)

I have a brand new ONT running Ethernet to a Velop MX10 WiFi 6 mesh system. I then have an Actiontec MoCA 2.5 Network Adapter Model: ECB6250S02 running from my Velop to the STB boxes. I have released the IP address before switching from my G1100 to my Velop system. Everything including the internet, TVs, Guide, On Demand, etc works for 1-2 days then my Velop switches to red meaning it’s not getting an IP address / detecting the internet from FIOS. What is going on? I don’t understand why it works and then stops. Is anyone else having this is or does anyone know how to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Velop Mesh System Issues - Using Own Router

Message 2 of 3
(761 Views)

Anecdotal only - (worked for me) -

Plug in your original VZ router, set the DHCP refresh interval to shorter than 2 hours, and then release i/p.

Not sure why that matters with our personal routers, but it DID fix my issue - it was every 2 hours instead

MVP MVP
MVP

Re: Velop Mesh System Issues - Using Own Router

Message 3 of 3
(733 Views)

Looks like we've been in communication over here: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32856246-Router-Using-My-Own-Router-Issue

I have a hunch this may be related to a bug with Velop I'm trying to get Linksys to acknowledge and fix with their Wired Backhaul implementation. Let's see if this is the same thing in a different style.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.