Veriozon FiOS MI424WR Router Disconnects Frequently
vewizonhatesme

i dont know what the hell is wrong, but its been getting on  my last nerves. the router i have is right there in the title.. so there's really no need to ask.. but here is my problem ..

In late January of this year, i noticed that the WAN Coax light continuously turns off every few seconds, and sometimes the Internet light goes orange. Eventually, after several times of going on and off, the WAN Coax light stops illuminating, later followed by the Internet light. i dont understand why this light keeps going off. it interferes with YouTube videos ( if the light goes off while watching a video, the video stops loading ), it interferes with downloads ( if the light goes off during a download, the download stops permanently. ), it even interferes with page loading, which causes nightmares if im trying to do an online transaction. Why does the Router do this ? whats wrong with it ?

0 Likes
Re: Veriozon FiOS MI424WR Router Disconnects Frequently
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your router is on it's way out or there is something bad on your fiber connect.  You may see something in the system monitor logs.

Probably time to contact Verizon support.

vewizonhatesme

i just check it, and it says, continuously 

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up

WAN Coax Link Down

WAN Coax Link Up ...

And it says that repeatedly for several more times. there are some records of devices and computers that have connected to it too, but the above portion of the log is whats basically being logged. So do i have to call verizon ? if i do, these routers suck, they only last a year, because just last february i had to contact verizon about router failures.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

The log appears to indicate that there is something wrong with the moca connetion to the router.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting both ends of the coax cable that runs between the ont and the router.  T the same time, just in case, power the router off and on.  If the router log still shows the same ewrrors then conatct Verizon support  an get them to send a tech out.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

This guy had the same issue and the Verizon fix appears to have resolved it

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Fios-service-is-breaking-intermittently/td-p/158619

0 Likes