Verizon Actiontec MI424WR GigE and Netgear FVS318G VPN Setup
awcnjllc

After 7 hours with Netgear support I still do not have a connection.  I am new to setting up VPNs.  We established the VPN tunnel quickly but cannot ping the computers behind the VPN.  We put the VPN IP address into the Actiontec DMZ but this did not help.  I will be back on Netgear support line tomorrow.  They are saying it is a Actiontec issue.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Actiontec MI424WR GigE and Netgear FVS318G VPN Setup
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There are a few things.

When you build the VPN rules don't build them manually.  Use the preconfigured VPN rules that are built in the router.

Also don't use the 192.168.1.100 range. The set top boxes use them.

Also what ip addresses are being used on both sides, the actiontec and the netgear side.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Actiontec MI424WR GigE and Netgear FVS318G VPN Setup
awcnjllc

My set up is as follows:  NJ - Netgear VPN Router - actiontec - internet.  In FL on Comcast, Netgear VPN Router - Cisco Cable Modem - internet.  The Netgear VPN FVS318G is on both ends and has the same firmware version.  A tunnel has been established the last 24 hours and is still going but we cannot ping the computers behind the Actiontec router. 

I am not at home I will send the IP address later.  We did change each one to a different subnet.

Thanks for the response.

0 Likes