Verizon Bussiness Packages
Glorfindal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to host my own server but then I realized a residential account can't. I found out a business account can but have been having trouble finding out more information. Such as how much money is it for FiOS business internet only? Or does anyone come over to set anything new up or is your account automatically updated and then I run a webserver on my computer? And I'm not sure is it true that when you get business you automatically get a dedicated IP? And finally how do you get business. Thanks in advance for any help given. Smiley Happy

Re: Verizon Bussiness Packages
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Glorfindal wrote:

I wanted to host my own server but then I realized a residential account can't. I found out a business account can but have been having trouble finding out more information. Such as how much money is it for FiOS business internet only? Or does anyone come over to set anything new up or is your account automatically updated and then I run a webserver on my computer? And I'm not sure is it true that when you get business you automatically get a dedicated IP? And finally how do you get business. Thanks in advance for any help given. Smiley Happy

I dont know the exact prices but they are quite a bit more than residential. Especially if you need a static IP. Now last time I checked a Static IP business acct started at $140 per month, but that was a couple years ago. I dont know how acurate that is now.

If you already have Fios internet, no one needs to come out, unless you are going to get a business account with greater than a 100Mb connection speed. If you are, they need to come out to give you a new router as your current cant do speeds that fast. Now if you get a typical business connection less than 100Mb and you are comfortable with entering your own static IP into the router (very simple to do but some are uncomfortable with doing so) then no one needs to come out. They make the change on their side, you put in your static IP (If you get static) and your done. If you get a dynamic IP business, then no visit is needed at all.

Edit: Try this page

http://smallbusiness.verizon.com/products/internet/fios/overview.aspx#plans

Looks like they have Data only plans for as low as $65 for the Dynamic IP 15/5 business internet, or $105 for a Static 25/25 business.

Re: Verizon Bussiness Packages
Glorfindal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay great. Anyway I don't think I need a static IP I could just write a script to automatically update my dynamic IP on Godaddy's DNS servers every couple hours. Also how long does that price of $65 a month last or is it the same forever. With my residentail account there was a contract and the price started out low and then they raised it higher and higher after the contract ended. And my question is will that happen here?