Verizon Call Assistant incoming notifications
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not a very good product this.

In the six weeks I've had it installed I've only once received a popup notification of an incoming call.  Is there something special I need to do to make this work all the time?

In addition every time I started the machine I found I had 16 new calls - all from dates back in December.  Finally I just deleted them from the new calls folder and it was after that that I got my single popup.  At least now the new calls transfer to the old calls after I've opened and close the new calls folder.

It's also a bit of an issue that apparently we can have only one account associated with a telephone number.  Could live with that if the same account could be logged on at multiple machines as my household like most has multiple family members with their own machines.  If we can get popups on multiple TV's why can't we do the same for multiple VCA's?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant incoming notifications
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Selected settings from the VCA main menu which sent me to the My Home Phone beta page

https://www36.verizon.com/CallAssistant/members/AllSettings.aspx

deselected the checkbox next to my phone number saved it, checked the check box and saved it again - now the popup notifications are working again.

Guess it's like the voice message waiting light on the phone that has never stopped flashing since the first vm, some kind of switch somewhere that automatically set or reset itself and now needs a helping hand.  Think I'll have to open the phone and disconnect the led for the vm indicator as there doesn't appear to be anything as simple as the popup indicator check box anywhere to stop it

0 Likes