Verizon Call Assistant
specpios

My verizon call assistant stays in an offline status. On the call assistant website when I try to sign in I get a 'we cannot find your user id in our system' message. When I try to set up and activate my account with the same user id I get 'Verizon call assist is already set up for this account.' Anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant
yohanin96

Have the same problem. Recieved a few notifications in the morning on the 27th and none since then.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@specpios wrote:

My verizon call assistant stays in an offline status. On the call assistant website when I try to sign in I get a 'we cannot find your user id in our system' message. When I try to set up and activate my account with the same user id I get 'Verizon call assist is already set up for this account.' Anyone else have this problem?

When you sign in on the VCA login on your pc does it say invalid signon?

0 Likes
cfishmanesq
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon's response to this problem has been abysmal.  You can access your Call Assistant features by going to www.verizon.com and logging into My Verizon.  Under My Services, click the Home Phone tab and directly beneath the list of calls is an underlined entry reading View All Calls.  Clicking on this brings you to web access for your Call Assistant information.  I found this by myself.  Verizon tech support was of no assistance.

I tried deleting the new Call Assistant software which I thought caused the problem and reinstalled the old software, to no avail.  I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out the problem before I called Verizon at 888-483-5156 and a recorded message advised that Verizon is aware of the problem.  An email from Verizon telling me not to waste my time trying to figure out what went wrong would have been nice.  The In Home Agent program was equally worthless for this issue.  It does not even have a tab to permit filing a service ticket or to chat with a repair tech.  I expect more than this poor level of service from Verizon; after all, it is not inexpensive.

TerryB

Same here. I was advised of an update about a week ago. I also downloaded the new version. I get the same message as everyone else. When I restored my computer to the previous day, the logon screen was all messed up. A few months ago, for  two weeks I was getting someone else's calls also. For six weeks now, I'm getting calls notification from 2-10-10 that I keep deleting.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mine too has been messed up since the automatic upgrade was attemped earlier in the week.  I actually uninstalled the old version and downloaded and installed the new version as the auto upgrade didn't appear to know how to uninstall the old one.

Still didn't work.  Thought I'd try and uninstall and re-install again and the found that the new version doesn't actually appear to be installed - nothing in add/remove programs about it.  However if you try and download again it says already there and the same result if you delete the prgogma file folder for VCA and donload and re-install..

Another fine example of quality software and support  from Verizon.

0 Likes
rollingstone

I too have been having problems logging into the Voice Call Assistant.  I have not upgraded to the most recent release.  The symptoms are that access times out without successfully bringing up my account when I attempt to log in to my account.  However, every so often, the account access is successful and I can see my phone call logs.

This appears to be a Verizon problem.  Any information?

rollingstone

0 Likes
gopbadmkaay

I'll bet the problems go back to the terrible network performance. This is the worst website since the web began. Every submittal times out and must be sent over and over again. The software stops working with no error messages. No wonder Verizon makes it so hard to find on their home page.  Really makes you wonder how they are able to keep the phone network up and running, when their servers are so slow and failing.

0 Likes
Weekender
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is Verizon Call Assistant working for anyone?  The app starts up on my PC, but it indicates "offline".  Last new incoming call shown is several weeks old.  Also, I cannot even log in through the website.  Just hangs on the login screen.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would appear to be totally dead, as a pc client and as a web client.

Doesn't appear to be much help coming from VZ on it either.  Most companies who roll out defective software at least roll back to the old version while they resolve the issues in the defective version.  This doesn't appear to figure in the VZ philosphy of software development.

Sadly you can't run the old client either.  I tried it on a second machine that had it installed.  Again you get prompted for the upgrade and if you refuse it then the client exits.