Re: Verizon Call Assistant
afterburner666
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had VCA installed on my XP machine for a few months. It has never gone online after signing in. I needed help getting the software initially and called the VCA dedicated number. The woman on the other end  had such a condescending tone and just seemed so annoyed at doing her job I really never felt like calling back after getting the software to download. Now I just upgraded my machine to windows 7 and thought maybe with a clean hard drive, I would reinstall VCA and it might work. What a foolish thought that was. Still stays offline after signing in. Don't even get me started on verizon media manager and it's innability to remember a favorite radio station or caller ID working on my TV for a while and then not working for a few days and then working again. It's a sure bet that Verizon's software development department is run by a kid who probably just got out of school and his dad is an officer in the company. Directv keeps asking me to come back and they just keep looking better and better. You really don't appreciate quality customer service until you've called verizon's CS. I should've heeded all the warnings but I was lured in with all the promises of great features(that don't work). Fool me once.....

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If it's showing offline then you should probably check the windows firewall and you're third party firewall (norton and mcafee and trendmicro etc....)

these walk through's aren't for call assistant, but they have the "how-to" if you want to use them as a guide.   Just realize these were meant for media manager, so substiture any media manager references with vzcallassistant.exe

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

OH and I just read your last response.

Verizon call assistant won't work on any 64 bit operating systems, and it is not compatible with windows 7.   you may be able to get Verizon Call assistant to work on windows 7 using compatibility mode, but Verizon doesn't support windows 7 and this product, so if it doesn't work, then it simply doesn't work.  

0 Likes
crugil

Yes, all of the above for me..exactly

0 Likes
eldiablony

I have the same problem. Verizon stuffs are junk. Nothing ever work.  Even the website. Try to go to the support page and get the 500 error. Page can't be display.  If you're on IE, most the page from Verizon show there is some kind of an error 😞  It is very SAD.

0 Likes