Verizon Complaint
Hlafleur
I am writing to make a formal complaint on my service. Let me preface this by mentioning that I work in the Customer Service Industry and that I understand that there are situations beyond control with large companies, and I am sorry to hear about the current situation with your organization. That being said, I’d like to give you the opportunity to resolve the issues with my account.

I work for a very large account for Verizon as we have all of our cell phones and hotspot internet connections through you. I am responsible for booking over $1M annually for my organization and I work from my home office. I recently moved to the country (Jarrettsville, MD), where I have full AT&T service on my personal cell phone. Unfortunately, I do not have any signal ANYWHERE in my home for Verizon. As my company is funding a cell phone for me, can you understand that it is vital that I am connected at all times? I contacted Verizon Wireless and they informed me the only solution is a Network Extender- Great! A solution! Except the Network Extender only works on WiFi, which brings me to the real issue.

I had an appointment scheduled for the week of May 2nd to install FiOs as you are the only provider in my area. The day of service, we were informed that the appointment was moved to June 8th due to the continuation of the strike. I understand, beyond your control! So, I was kindly mailed a JetPack for service as I expressed how vital it is that I have internet connection at home. I excitedly turned it on once it arrived and then realized that the JetPack doesn’t work without wireless signal. OK, so surely this isn’t the ONLY solution Verizon has for clients experiencing trouble because of the shortage of technicians? Correct- Self Install! I got in my car and drove the hour to the nearest FiOs store for pick-up of equipment and was informed that I needed to cancel my initial order and place a new one for temporarily downgraded Internet Speed. I happily did so as it was a temporary solution. I then drove the hour back home and called the installation team who informed me that I had to GO BACK to the store to get a different (slower) router, because the Genesis they gave me wasn’t compatible with the 50/50 speed. OK, happily I complied and drove the 2 hour round trip to replace the router. Got back to my home and called installation again just to be told that the other router would’ve worked just fine. Moving along… THREE HOURS on hold and being transferred around and explaining my story over 3 different times… I was asked to located the Verizon “white box” on my house. Agent stated he’d call me back in an hour after I had time to find it and ensure that it had power to it… I literally frantically crawled around my basement and dug through the bushes in the rain and FINALLY found the box. Re-started and waited for a callback that never came….

I called BACK the next day and they informed me that the box is irrelevant because there’s no fiber optic cable running into my house. I like to think that I’m level headed and keep calm, but this had me a little upset. In addition, the agent had tried to get me through to dispatch for immediate service and was declined… I guess I am not valued enough as a Verizon customer even with backing of the value of the relationship with my employer and the primary reason that I am so desperately seeking solutions. I haven’t even mentioned that my alarm system is now threatening to charge me $971.00 worth of cancellation charges because they are unable to install the system into the new house without internet.

All this time, I have done my best and gone way above and beyond to support the Verizon team in finding a solution. OK, so fast forward to me calling and speaking to customer service to make my complaint on the phone. I was again promised a phone call back from the manager, which never came. So I called back AGAIN this morning and was told the only solution would be the jetpack.

I have wasted over 15 hours total of being on the phone/hold/transferred around in one week, 4 hours of driving, 1 hour in the store, and 2 hours of attempting to self-install. I have gone above and beyond to be a patient and understanding client, but my patience is gone. I deserve to be expedited to immediate dispatch as several of the representatives have attempted to get approval for without success. I heard a commercial on the radio today that you’re hiring technicians that get one week of training and then are able to go into the field. If it’s only a week worth of training needed, send ME to the training and I’ll do it myself…. I just need a solution, and no solution is NOT an option for me. Your strike and inability to service your customers is now having a direct impact on my finances and productivity and that is just downright unacceptable. Please email me as soon as possible with a resolution. I will do whatever it takes to get the Internet installed!
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hlafleur,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes