Verizon Engineering for FIOS availability
je031709

I am at my wits' end trying to reach the engineering department.  We were notified about 3 years ago via flyer that FIOS was available in my small townhouse community.  I believe there is a easement that each homeowner has to grant if they want to have FIOS installed at their address.  At the time, we were under contract for other internet service so we did not pursue it.  At least 2 of our townhouse neighbors have FIOS.  However, for over 2 years, we have tried to order FIOS for our home but our address does not show up as available.  Despite various online, phone, and in-person Verizon agents trying to contact engineering, we have not been successful in getting verizon to correct this issue or tell us what we need to submit (easement, etc.) for Verizon to "turn on" availability of FIOS to our home.  I don't want to switch to Comcast but if I can't get away from DSL to broadband speeds, I have no choice as I can't telework on a DSL connection that is not very fast and constantly drops.  Any suggestions for getting ahold of engineering or speaking to someone at Verizon who can help me?  Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Engineering for FIOS availability
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi je031709,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

je031709,

We have closed your private support case due to no response from you. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to non response, we have closed out your support case, if you need assistance in the future please let us know.
-Amanda_M

0 Likes
formerjarhead
Enthusiast - Level 1
I actually have the same problem! Fios is available in my zip code, but no news on when it will come to my building. Bronx NY 10454.
0 Likes