Verizon Equipment Scam
richardya

I ended my service with Verizon Fios and like many others, I have been tormented and punished by them. I call them and ask them to send me the return label for equipment and they say they will but never do. Every time I call, I am placed on hold for a half hour as they laugh at me, If i call the new service exrension line, they pick up in 2 minutes. They give me useless confirmation numbers that they are sending the equipment. What am I supposed to do with this confirmation number? This is fraudulent scam to charge for unreturned equipment.

Does anyone know how to report this to the better business bureu. I went to their site but there are so many verizons. Which is the one to report? bbg dot org is site if others want to report this scam.

I have perused the forums and see they also attack some customers credit. This seems very vindictive.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Equipment Scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi richardya,

Has Verizon requested that you return the equipment and are you being billed for unreturned equipment?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Equipment Scam
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

One thing to check is that they have your correct address for shipping and that address must accept Packages since they will send a box.  For my NY Home Account, which I just closed, they had a mismash of my Florida address and my NY town.

0 Likes