Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424-WR Port Forwarding Problem
versx

Hello, my name is Jeremy.

I recently switched from Verizon DSL to FIOS (Love it btw) but I am having some problems forwarding my ports now. When I had DSL I could port forward flawlessly, now...it just doesn't want to work. When I setup the port forwarding rules in the CPanel it says that they are active, but when I use a open port checker, it says it's closed.

I am trying to forward ports 6667-7000 so I can host my own IRC server. Any help is much appreciated, thanks again.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon FIOS Actiontec MI424-WR Port Forwarding Problem
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I showed it my earlier posts I made this work and tested it using a simple littel irc server called JoinMe.

Why dont you download it from here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/joinme/files/

the bin zip file and run the executable.  After it's running select start server and then probe 6667 to see if it sees a listener.

JoinMe does appear by default to be using ports 6667-7000

I tested it on a w2k3 server and on win7 ultimate and had no issues.  If you have a issue then there is something odd in your environment that needs further investigation.

I've never used teamviewer but am willing to give it a try.

View solution in original post

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@versx wrote:

Hello, my name is Jeremy.

I recently switched from Verizon DSL to FIOS (Love it btw) but I am having some problems forwarding my ports now. When I had DSL I could port forward flawlessly, now...it just doesn't want to work. When I setup the port forwarding rules in the CPanel it says that they are active, but when I use a open port checker, it says it's closed.

I am trying to forward ports 6667-7000 so I can host my own IRC server. Any help is much appreciated, thanks again.

Should look like the picture in the attachment.

versx

I tried that, this is what I get.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5650/ports.png

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

So ... since we see a bunch of other port forwards for the 192.168.1.2 address ... are we sure your PC actually has the IP address 192.168.1.2 presently?  Is this the same machine as the other port forwards or a different one?   What does an ipconfig / ifconfig (depending on your OS type) say your address is presently?

What OS are we talking about here as well?  Could be a local firewall on the machine itself which is blocking the traffic.

0 Likes
versx

Those port forwards are automatically made, e.i. bit torrent software etc.., it automatically forwards the specified port. I read on some other forums that some FIOS don't allow you to manually forward ports anymore.

I only have 1 machine in my house, and I am the only one that uses it. I am also using Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600

Here is a picture of my IPConfig

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3121/35811991.png

*NOTE: When I had the Verizon DSL service before the FIOS I could always setup port forwarding without a problem, but since the switch, I have yet to have success with port forwarding.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
versx

Yeah I know how to forward my ports, I've done that about a hundred times in that video. My ports are forwarded right, it's just not allowing it for some reason Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well earlier you said "I am trying to forward ports 6667-7000"

are you trying to define a source port?   because that should be set to any.   if you set it to a number like 6667 then it won't work.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@versx wrote:

Yeah I know how to forward my ports, I've done that about a hundred times in that video. My ports are forwarded right, it's just not allowing it for some reason Smiley Sad

Do those other port forwarding rules worK/??

I see your Wan ip address online and I agree that it says that port is closed

Why do you all force us to go to an outside source to see pictures?

You can just print screen the window and paste it into paint and save as a jpg and then publish as an attachment in the post.

0 Likes
versx

Yes I have the source port set to "Any" and then the destination port as 6667-7000.

And the port forwarding rules already auto-set in the picture I'm not sure if they are open, when I go to canyouseeme.org and enter any of the ports it says they aren't open.

Also I couldn't find the add attachment button anywhere, sorry.

0 Likes