Verizon FIOS Box on the Ground for 5 Years Now
BMG4ME1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Outside our neighbor's house here in Silver Spring, there is a huge black box, that is supposed to be suspended from the phone wires, but instead has been sitting on the ground for the last five years or so, ever since it was installed - or maybe it fell down and despite the fact that I have reported it to Verizon twice and even shown a Verizon service rep that was on our street, who promised to have it returned to the wire where it should be, it's still there.  It's dangerous and unsightly.   Please come and fix it Verizon, it's on Neale Ave in Silver Spring, MD.

Re: Verizon FIOS Box on the Ground for 5 Years Now
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try engaging your local government.  If it's a safety or code violation, they'll be glad to help motivate Verizon to fix it.

Re: Verizon FIOS Box on the Ground for 5 Years Now
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this a circular box with a cable going into it? I see those things low on the pole in my area sometimes. Some of them look sloppily done with a ton of slack cable left, but they are certainly not on the ground unless it was from storm damage. On an adjacent street from where I am, they are currently building FiOS, or were but have stopped before even lighting up equipment but they do have some fiber cabling sitting in the brush. It looks like the same thing you're talking about. It is "blocked off" by traffic cones though but I certainly hope they don't leave it there and instead hold it up on the poles.