Verizon FIOS G1100 Router - No Login Info Sticker on Side of Router - How to setup
CF20101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have a Verizon FIOS router G1100 that there is no sticker with the login information on the side of the router. Without this information I cannot login to setup the router.

The Spec Info on the Outside Label

HW Ver: 1.03

Shipped Firmware Version: 0.17.52

I believe its an older router version and it IS a Verizon version. Since I can see the login page, which asks me for the Wireless Password in order to set it up.

I have tried the following passwords ( after reseting the router to its default settings)

password

password1

admin

and then BLANK

Serial Number

MAC Address

Nothing worked.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS G1100 Router - No Login Info Sticker on Side of Router - How to setup
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No the G1100 have a different passwords on every one. No of those default passwords will work. If you call up Verizon might be able to reset it for you. You can also try changing wifi through the FiOS app. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS G1100 Router - No Login Info Sticker on Side of Router - How to setup
CF20101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the response.

The homeowner who sold me the router had it since FIOS was first installed in their home. They even sent the unit with the original FIOS box it came in, from when they received it from FIOS.

I presently dont have it hooked up to my FIOS service, as I am using the old model FIOS router,  Black with the red front,  Version I.

I am trying to login set it up  before I actually replace my old (live) router with this one,

I would presume I cannot just hook it up, and let Verizon try to see if the can reset the password.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the past you would have to break the DHCP lease but you don't seem to have to do it anymore. 

I change between my G1100 and my personal router so my STBs update and I just plug them in now without breaking the lease. 

So yes you should be able to just plug it in and once it connects and they are able to see it is possible they can reset the password for you remotely. 

0 Likes