Re: Verizon FIOS Internet
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@seanobrien wrote:

When you say "WAN" port on the 3750, 

Reread my post.  I never referred to the WAN port on the 3750.

You never answered my question about the connection between the connection between the Cisco and the Actiontec.

Is it Cisco inside port to Actiontec WAN port?

If so, the inside port assignment you have will NOT work.

You can NOT have the WAN port of the Actiontec on the same subnet as the Actiontec's inside facing interface (192.168.1.0/24).  Assign an address from one of your 10.10.x.x subnets to the physical port for the Actiontec.  Connect that to the WAN port of the Actiontec.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS Internet
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@seanobrien wrote:

I have Verizon FIOS and a provided Actiontec 1424WR router. I want to connect this router to an internal router (Cisco 3750) that is part of my local network. Anyone have any luck doing something similar?

I configured an interface on my Cisco router with an IP address on the 192.168.1.3 and connected it to one of the LAN ports on the Actiontec router. In addition, my default-gateway on the Cisco router is 192.168.1.1, the Actiontec interface. I also have VLANs and virtual gateways (SVIs) configured on the L3 switch.

The results are that the switch is able to ping Google and external sites, but devices connected to the switch on various VLANs are not. I believe it may be an issue of the routing table on the Actiontec not knowing a route back to the local devices. I have tried to add static routes to the Actiontec router to no avail.

Any ideas.

Is this a Catalyst 3750 Switch?

What gateway do you specify on the Vlans?

0 Likes