Verizon FIOS Pricing Increase!!! $29->$75/mo
WetNapkin

AFTER three years of $29/month FIOS, Verizon increased my price to $75 for 25/25 Internet.  They clearly want me to buy a more expensive package - okay but despite offering new clients 100/100 Internet for $39.99/month Verizon won't allow me to sign-up for that deal ? 

They are willing to pay up to $500 for you to switch to their service but an existing  customer  can't get the same pricing as a new customer ?  

THIS MAKES ZERO SENSE ?  What give Verizon ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon FIOS Pricing Increase!!! $29->$75/mo
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is common amongst service providers.

They will pay to capture a new customer. And offer better deal.

But existing customers don't get them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

What you don’t understand Verizon is switching up to higher speeds. In order to do this the prices rise to where you either get them at their pricing or you get service elsewhere. You can quit for 30 days and come back in under new customer pricing.

or have a family member or other credit worthy person call up after you quit and get new pricing like gigabyte for $69.99 with discounts that don’t expire.

if you call to cancel the retention’s department may try to work out a deal to save you.

but don’t threaten to leave if your not prepared to do so. Verizon has been known to call bluffs. Call and get the other service pricing and speeds and contract and non contract so you have something to threaten with.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is common amongst service providers.

They will pay to capture a new customer. And offer better deal.

But existing customers don't get them.

0 Likes