Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Verizon FIOS customer service complaints - Be aware new customers

sagar
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon FIOS customer service complaints - Be aware new customers

Message 1 of 2
(2,144 Views)

Today I had the worst customer service experience ever and wasted at least 4 hours talking and chatting with different customer representatives. I receive Verizon Fios advertisement almost once every week in my mail box from Verizon saying "Switch to Fios now and get out best price ever". Finally, today I decided I would contact Verizon to switch and went to the offer link given in the mail, that is: verizon.com/fios/7fr with offer 69.99/month for Fios Triple Play with no annual contract. I started the chat to get the details of the offer and got billing estimates confimed to $99.87 per month including Triplay service, Fios Quantum gateway router rent, 1 HD set top box rent, tax and broadcast fee. In this offer there was clearly mentioned there would be no installation fee for new customer. Just to confirm that I asked at least 3 times to the cusomer representative, if there are any hidden fees and charges and installation charge, and was assured there is no installation fee or other hidden charges. So I confimed my order and got a number to call to activate my account and get installation date. So far I was happy and excited to switch to so called "best" internet/TV service provider. But then I started to encounter information gap problem with in different cusomer service team.

-I got the installation date after 16 days (6th of May) and was given a time frame. When I requested for changing the time, he just said there is no other option and I can't change the time. I agreed upon that becasue I had no other choice.

-He asked me for the credit card number and I gave it him on phone, and got notification from my account with charge of $250 with verizon name. I asked him what that charge is, then he told me that was deposit, which I was not communicated till that moment. When I told him why he did not inform me about the charge, he later apologized and I said thats fine, again because I had no other choice.

-Then he sent me an email with estimated monthly charge, and I found he charged me Fios setup fee $50  for the first month (Total - $150 - Installment 1 of 3).

-I asked him to waive that fee as that was against the offer i signed up for. He said he would removed that and made me wait for another 15 min. Then I got another email with exactly same charges - $154.60 for first 3 months (should have been $99.87)

- Then I told him I got the same email agian, he just said he can't do anything and I must pay this to get the service. I told I will talk with someone else and he agreed.

- I called customer service again and after explaining everything customer service representative just hung up on me...wow

- I called again, explained everything then customer service responded - Should I go ahead and cancel you order?Seriously? Whats wrong with customer service representative, I called to resolve the issue and he suggested me to cancel. ( i mean what kind of marketing is that?)..

I said OK go ahead and cancel my account and refund me $250 that was charge to my credit card. He cancelled my order and said he will transfer my call to finance department for refund, After waiting for some time, I was transferred to finance and they said I have to talk to customer service department for that and agian got forwarded. After waiting for 15 min, finaly a customer service representative spoke and assured the charged amount would be refunded.

i have not got any email for any refunded amount until now.

Thanks a lot Verizon Fios customer service representative team for making my day 😞

1 REPLY 1
Pahiker
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Verizon FIOS customer service complaints - Be aware new customers

Message 2 of 2
(2,142 Views)

Be happy, you got to a chat session. I can't pick the right combination of options to get anything other than the verizon "agent" and the forums.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.