12-22-2011 02:28 PM
TOOK ME OVER 5 CALLS JUST TO GET AN APPOINTMENT FOR FIOS. ALOT OF SHADY AND INCOMPETENT PHONE WORKERS FROM THE 1(800)837-4966 NUMBER. I live in California 91789.
1. After setting up an appointment to install FIOS online, I realized that I should keep my old phone number so I called the number to have them change it. The guy who took the call suspiciously asked for my social which I gave. It turns out he actually cancelled my previous order and made a new one for $99.99. He did not tell me he did this, I am not sure if he got commission on it or what. He just told me he fixed the problem and I would get a call from them which I never did.
2. I got a email confirmation from Verizon about my order which showed $99.99 instead of the $79.99 deal I ordered. So I had to call them to ask what happened. The guy who took my call LIED to me and said the email confirmation price is different from the online sign up becuase discounts doesnt show up on the emails. I thought this was really suspicious so I called again.
3. The guy who picked up told me that he doesnt handle online deals and told me to go to their website to chat with their support team.
4. I went online and went through the support chat. The guy int he chatroom told me he doesnt handle online sales and I had to call them. I told him I was fed up with Verizons nonsense and was about to cancel. He then told me he will look at my account. He then LIED to me that the extra $20.00 charges was because I had my old internet line and they are going to have to remove it?! That sounded really suspicious too and I did not believe him. Being tired of Verizons nonsense, I decided to call them to cancel my appointment.
5. I called and a lady picked up. She finally said that the $99.99 price I got was because the guy from Call #1 had placed a order so it was a "phone order" and not an "online order" and thats why I didnt get the discount. I was about to cancel but then she said she talked to her manager and got the price back down to the original $79.99. She couldnt give me proof and said it will show up on my bill. I AM STILL SUSPICIOUS THAT THIS MAY BE ANOTHER LIE SINCE IVE BEEN LIED TO BY MOST OF THE FIOS PEOPLE ALREADY.
6. Fast forward to a couple days before my FIOs appointment. I called them to change the call back number on my appointment because I got a new phone. The told me she couldnt change that information because she didnt have any pwoer or something. Are you serious? I went online and signed in and was able to easily change the contact number.
SERIOUSLY I THINK ALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ARE ON COMMISSION AND IF THE CALL ISNT GOING TO MAKE A SALE, THEY WILL NOT TRY TO HELP AND EVEN LIE TO YOU SO THEY CAN BE DONE WITH THE CALL, AND MOVE ON.
12-24-2011 09:17 AM
I can defintely understand that frustration here and apologize for the trouble that you have had thus far. I sent you a private message.
Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.
12-27-2011 10:05 AM
Agreed, if you call in. When I called in to get help hooking my AirPort Extreme wireless router to the FIOS router, I was told that they didn't support other equipment.
BUT... I contacted @VerizonSupport via Twitter, exchanged a few DMs and finally DM-ed the tech my phone number. He called me immediately and spent 35 minutes on the phone with me helping me successfully configure the Airport Extreme. I had really reached my level-of-frustration threshhold trying to do this on my own, even though I am technologically savvy. This wonderful man was knowledgeable and patient, and made sure everything worked right before he ended the call.
Maybe I just got lucky...or maybe the techs who monitor the Twitter account are more helpful.
01-03-2013 08:39 AM
One year later, the phone service has not improved.
I am checking out cable right now.