Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Verizon FiOS Router to Third-Party Router

legend8887
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon FiOS Router to Third-Party Router

Message 1 of 2
(810 Views)

So I have Verizon FiOS Internet (and TV). 50 down and 25 up. Router is downstairs and I'm using powerline for upstairs in the game room. However, I would like to get the Shield Tablet (they recommend an 802.11n router, mine is a g. Also, would router speeds be better? Sometimes my Internet is slow all of a sudden. It seems like it happens quite a lot. Also, on the router it says that changing the router would affect performance of the router, however, I don't know if that's true. Also, what router would you recommend?

1 REPLY 1
viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Verizon FiOS Router to Third-Party Router

Message 2 of 2
(736 Views)

Cheaper to just get a wireles-n access point and add it to your network.  It might speed up you download speeds somewhat but dubious that it will change the upload speed.

I thought everybody had been offered free upgrade to symetrical speeds, if so you should be able to get 50/50 for no charge

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title