Verizon Fios Ethernet Port
MarkkB

So I am connected via ONT into my router via CAT5, and than plugged into ps4.  I am using Fios strictly for Playstation and do not use Wireless.  I contacted verizon yesterday (bc playstaiton network was down and didnt know that) because I was having connectivity problems and they released some sort of address....I used to be plugged in directly to the LAN Ethernet Ports 1 and 2, 1 connected from the ONT, and 2 connected to the playstation, and never had an issue.  The Verizon rep yesterday made me plug the cable from the ONT into the WAN Ethernet port, and the playstation remained in the LAN Ethernet port.  My Nat type went from 1 to 2, and my connection is now not what it used to be..I am a premium tech member, they cant help me and send me to the frontline service people.  The frontline service people never have any idea what Im talking about and give me the run around to call premium.  Can anybody help me explain this situation to support so they can better understand my problem, or have a possible fix? Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Ethernet Port
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

The PSN has been under attack and is returning (slowly) to normal.  It is not surprising that you have experienced problems; it would be surprising if you had not.

Put your PS3 connection back the way it was and reboot the PS3.  Assuming the PSN is back (I'm not sure if it is yet) you should be OK again.

0 Likes