Verizon Fios Gateway AC1750 Wi-Fi (G1100) right modem for 300MBts up & down Internet service?
jweinberg

Could you, please, point me to the official page where authorized modems are posted by Verizon itself? I inferred from comments here and at vendors sites that:

Verizon Fios Gateway AC1750 Wi-Fi (G1100)

is the right one for the kind of service I am paying for which is:

300MBts up & down Internet service

I barely use my phone so I am using a VoIP company for phone service. I come home to rest and read. I have a fat and speedy Internet access at work.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Gateway AC1750 Wi-Fi (G1100) right modem for 300MBts up & down Internet service
jonjones1
Legend

The Quantum router is the latest release of verizons Greenwave branded router.

that is what Verizon supports.

however you may use any customer supplied router of your choosing. But the support for any such customer provided router is not supported.

verizon Fios will only then support from their network access up to your ONT.

so unless you are a technical wizard and can troubleshoot your own network or setup stick to the Verizon router that was supplied to you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Gateway AC1750 Wi-Fi (G1100) right modem for 300MBts up & down Internet service
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

however you may use any customer supplied router of your choosing. But the support for any such customer provided router is not supported.

so unless you are a technical wizard and can troubleshoot your own network or setup stick to the Verizon router that was supplied to you.

I heard/read if they have FIOS TV too, then the FIOS router is required.

Since I do not have FIOS, I can not tell you what I am say is true or not.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dslr595148 wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

I heard/read if they have FIOS TV too, then the FIOS router is required.

Since I do not have FIOS, I can not tell you what I am say is true or not.

The FiOS TV boxes do need a FiOS so they can get IP addresses over the coax. But there are ways around it by connecting a personal router to the FiOS router. Another alternative is using a MoCA adapter in place of the FiOS router.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The set up for tv can be done with an adapter and splitter. This easy setup is on the DSL Reports site. No Verizon anything is necessary. In fact you can use cablecards with those non Verizon set top boxes and have service.

since I use a streaming tv service at $40 a month I have just gigabyte internet from Fios. My phone is also way cheaper via using voipo for my phone.

no need to pay outlandish taxes and fees etc. by using Fios. The internet is not taxed.

and in many places no bogus surcharges like in NY. But still better than everything bundled.

0 Likes