Verizon Fios Gigabit Experiencing Intermittent Connection
grantjerry

I started this service in September.  It was like couple disconnection every day at the beginning.

Now the disconenction happens very frequently. Maybe once every ten minutes. This is very unacceptable when playing online games. 

I have troubleshot all hardwares on my end and there's nothing wrong. I use ethernet cable and Verizon's rental equipment. Just don't tell me to try turning the modem off and on. I am a computer engineer and I have tried plenty of methods. I need Verizon to do something on their end probably check the rental devices or the fiber.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Gigabit Experiencing Intermittent Connection
jonjones1
Legend

@grantjerry wrote:

I started this service in September.  It was like couple disconnection every day at the beginning.

Now the disconenction happens very frequently. Maybe once every ten minutes. This is very unacceptable when playing online games. 

I have troubleshot all hardwares on my end and there's nothing wrong. I use ethernet cable and Verizon's rental equipment. Just don't tell me to try turning the modem off and on. I am a computer engineer and I have tried plenty of methods. I need Verizon to do something on their end probably check the rental devices or the fiber.

Yeah just call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot the issue. 

“Troubleshoot all the hardwares on my end” whatever that means. Intermittent loss of connection could be a bad router or an incorrect connection at the ONT or a myriad of issues along the way. Since the issue was not originally happening on install and it progressed it may be possible one of the devices you use has caused the problem.

It takes only one weak link in the chain to have the others fail.

0 Likes